Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddiimmaa View Post
I have the maintenance and the factory warranty for now, I was just saying I got lucky with the brakes that's normal wear / tear everywhere else..

I'm looking at the "platinum" level equivalent from BMW.. I have a contact from Fidelity someone offered any one recently purchase? Could share a contact?
When my F10 BMW warranty was about to end, I went to my local BMW dealer and the rep gave the standard BMW platinum option but she also recommended an after market one, MAP (Motorist Assistance Plan). It was about $3k less than the BMW one and I was reassured that it would cover the same. And oh boy did it work. After getting the warranty and driving the car like 3,000 miles, I noticed a bit of oil in the garage (has to be my car since its the only one parked in that spot). I took straight to the dealer after work. They had the car for a week and half, replaced all the gaskets and seals and some other stuff. Fixed the oil issue. The warranty pretty much paid itself right there and then.

As for maintenance, I didn't get it because I can do it myself and if I cant, I'll just take it in. Example, BMW wanted like $1100 for front rotors and pads. I was able to do myself for like $400 (parts costs).
Appreciate 0