Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking Get the Catless down pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbharshman View Post
Well to be honest, its one part the smell (which truthfully isn't the biggest deal to me).

Second part is the lady friend wildly disagrees with the idea of removing the cats for the sake of saving the environment - to which part I somewhat agree. I feel a little bit selfish removing the cats just for some sound and HP gain.

I know with the *blah blah blah you shouldn't drive a sports car and ride a bicycle*. I'm not against having fun but I read a study that 1 cat-less vehicle produces the same amount of hydrocarbon output as 600 catted vehicles...

I thought about adding in 200 CEL cats in the midpipes to counteract this a bit but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't get hot enough to make any difference in filter, but may kill the smell.

What to do..
Get the Catless downpipes you won't really notice it after awhile. The sound is awesome depending on your exhaust set up. You live in San Antonio, TX I don't think your county has emissions so no worries. I live in Killeen, Texas my M5 is catless with Evolution Racing down pipes and Meistershaft full exhaust system. I don't really even notice the car is catless because it's so hot here in Texas it's not like you are driving this car with the windows down in the heat. I plan on getting the BM3 stage 2 soon . I am just doing my research on the different tunes out there.

Ohhh I also own a Supercharged E92 M3 it's also catless and my first one. My wife had a problem at first with it talking about the environment and the smell. This did not last long she forgot all about it after awhile and everything just goes on normal when ever she get in either catless car M3 or M5 so no worries. It also helps that she has her own car and don't have to always ride in mine .

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0