View Single Post
      07-23-2021, 01:06 PM   #34
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
As someone who grew up as a kid in what was a pretty toxic divorce I can say that (generally):

a. kids are smarter than you think, they will eventually figure out the truth.
b. they hold a grudge when lied to.
I'm hoping this will be the case. My daughter has said things to me that I know her mother has fed to her which was infuriating to me. But I kept things civil and didn't retaliate. Other things my ex has done is to throw a birthday party for our daughter without telling me even though I invited her to the one I had put together. Because the ex's party happened before mine, I had to deal with my daughter asking me how come I didn't show up to her birthday party. A party my ex told me she had no money to put together. And a party that happened after I had weeks before asked about throwing one together for our daughter as I felt our daughter would appreciate both her parents being present.

I've been taking the high road the entire time this mess has been going on. Believe me it's been real hard. But when the time comes and my daughter asks me what happened, I don't even have to say a word. I have written documentation of how badly her mother behaved and how she proactively made things worse unnecessarily. I'll just have her read everything in black and white without me having to explain anything with any potential bias.
Appreciate 1