View Single Post
      05-12-2016, 05:05 PM   #10
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I would avoid Stinger's laser product. My sense is it isn't ready for prime time yet. ALP seems to do better, especially at wide angle shots which are quite common in Florida.

I would suggest you get the Stinger Radar and the ALP. That's what I am going to do next time round.

If you do go with the Stinger laser then let us know how it tests if you get it tested. Make sure they test with the newest guns.
Stealth, what are you running on your FG M5?

I did some more research on Stinger. For radar you have to mount these front and rear sensors that are about the size of an iPhone. The catch is it cannot be mounted behind metallic paint or behind mesh grille. Not sure I want to cut the grille out again.

For the stinger laser they recommend mounting 6 heads in the front and 6 in the rear (3 are receiving heads and 3 are transmitter heads). They do offer a very small head type that could be placed in the weatherstripping of a light or in the gap of the front bumper/front hood. Some people only do 2 and they say it doesn't make that much of a difference in terms of coverage.

Lots more to research on stalker that's for sure.