Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Both the steering vibration and the rear suspension are well talked about issues with the F10 M5. I'm not going to call them problems, since it seems to be hit or miss. I've never experienced either before and I'm at nearly 50,000 miles.

Also, you have nailed it my friend. It IS an art. My best advice is that if you really want to fight traction issues is to try to install 305mm tires or install the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, but then can't drive in the rain with the Cup 2's. Traction is vastly increased with the Cup 2's, and slightly increased with 305mm tires. There is a reason why the new head of BMW M has stated that AWD is in the plans for the next generation M5.
Hi RPiM5
Just reading your comments on fitting the 305s on the rear, something I want to do as this tune is running massive torque. I've seen you comment a few times about not using the Michelins Cup 2s in the rain.. Not that it rains much in CA - we have a drought on- but are you saying that they are seriously bad?
I have already been to my local tire store to have a look and I just want to get some more advice before I pull the trigger here..
Also these will fit the standard. 20" rims.. 343's - I chose to go with them when getting the competition package as I heard that the 601s buckled more easily...
Thanks.