View Single Post
      10-28-2021, 09:54 PM   #17
OgGinja
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5

So I have put another 300-400 miles on the clutches and it seems that the downshifts had improved. I performed all relearns successfully and after putting some more miles (total miles on clutch's so far 700ish) decided to get a little more aggressive to see how they acted. On the very first on throttle downshift to 3rd at 60mph the clutch seemed to downshift a lot better but not 100% (the slip happened so quick I tried to left off the throttle but was to late) and proceeded to throw a clutch temp warning...car started to grind gears as it attempted to auto downshift when coming to a stop. Once stopped car would not shift into any gear. Lucky I had my laptop with me and ran ista finding faults Gearshift rod 2-R and rod 6-4. Tried clearing errors and running relearns with no successful learnings. Suspect large clutch set has warped rings and is causing engagement issues. Spoke to kris and will be sending him my entire basket with clutches for inspection.

In the back of my mind I have thought about taking the loss and going with Deka...but will wait and see how SSP handles this issue for now.
Appreciate 0