View Single Post
      03-29-2020, 04:33 PM   #1
DannyMiddleton107
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, F10 535D, E70 X5sd

BMW F10 M5 Won't Start

Hi all

My M5 died a week or so ago and now it won't start again. Driving to the end of my road with a bit of enthusiasm and just before I stopped at the junction the car died with iDrive giving battery fault, right before it died it felt like it chucked itself into park or changed down incorrectly but I can't be sure. Trying to start it at this point result in a loud click from the engine bay but no go. I knew the battery needed replacing as I got a warning if I didn't use the car for a week so thought it was just that. Went out and got a brand new battery, charged it up and tried starting the car, result was a little bit different this time, loud whirring noise but then went back to clicking. This weekend I charged it back up again and connected jump leads to my 535D, when trying to start the engine actually turned and it sounded like it was about to start but again then back to whirring then the click. Charged it up again today and connected jump leads to my 535D and X5 35D, thinking this would give enough amps to get the car turning over properly but still no joy. I've done a video showing today's attempt but I'm really at a loss of what's actually wrong and how to fix. I have read the codes using ISTAGUI, there were loads referencing low voltages and signal issues but I've cleared them and they haven't come back.

Last edited by DannyMiddleton107; 05-25-2021 at 05:16 AM..
Appreciate 0