Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ur20v View Post
Hi,

Just fitted Carbotechs 1521 pads:

(F) CT1648-1521
(R) CT1469-1521

Great price and quick shipping from Mike (Thanks)

Quick initial feedback.

Easy install, if you haven't done electronic rear brakes (E-brake) then just youtube BMW rear pads like this one, its easy!:

Fronts are easy too- note you have to unclip the brake flexi-hose and lift the caliper off the studs slight bottom stud first - its a tight fit but does come off.

Back to the pads, no crazy break-in required according to Carbotech/Mike just normal driving for the first 300 miles to bed the pads on the disc's.

Of note is the brake pedal feel is slightly firmer (I was running newish pads and discs all round so 'new' isn't the reason) and feel better than stock.

Brake dust and the reason I did the change is 95% reduced so VERY happy!

Noise - the Carbotech 1521 sometimes make some very light squeal when slowing from say 5mph to a stop on very light brake pedal, my OEM brakes were totally silent luckily although this is a feature of perormance brakes so would have been OK with some squeal and am very happy the 1521's are almost silent to.

I need to do some more miles and harder use for fuller feedback on performance and if the pads become silent.

But so far I highly recommend them and not just for the fact that after 500 miles my wheels look spotless
Who is mike i need to order some today? link?
future mods:
Cold air intake, down pipes, tune
Appreciate 0