10-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #68
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Which we don't get here in the US, a country accounting for 50% or global ///M sales...

Rumors are the next E63 AMG will be offered in AWD trim, and Audi has confirmed the next generation RS 6 will be hitting the US coasts, both of which are likely to take away a lot of M5 sales. Just sayin'...
The next Audi RS 6 is an Avant only. The US no longer receives the A6 Avant?
The RS 7 will face off against the M6 Gran Coupe which I am told is mind-blowing in handling and overall composure. I recently drove an A7 and for what it is I found it dynamically flawed compared to the 6er Gran Coupe.

The question was do you want more weight or less weight? and customers wanted less weight so plans for an xDrive M5 were dropped.
Demand is purely driven for rear wheel drive M cars if a customer wants AWD then it will be the BMW X5M and BMW X6M which in most markets with the need for all-wheel drive outsell their RWD bretheren.
And how about 2014 E63 AMG 4MATIC? The one with official 0-60 in 3.4 without Performance Package. We could be looking at an epic 3.0 second 0-60 time with Performance Package and and favorable ideal conditions.

If done properly and with all advantages, AWD competition will beat the vague "better handling" hands down. M5 F10 is already at the peak of RWD engineering and any more added power without AWD would have a lot of potential lost.

If next M5 is to succeed, it will have to have xDrive option.

Last edited by singularity; 10-19-2012 at 08:47 PM..
Appreciate 0