View Single Post
      12-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #136
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteele View Post
I'm also struggling with a next car choice between an F10 M5 and a Panamera GTS, so a post from someone with ownership of both is more important than an auto journalist's one-day encounter.

Enjoyment of driving on a daily basis means much more to me than owning the better Nordschleife lap time, so I was already leaning a little toward the GTS. Reports of how the F10 M5 isolates one from the driving experience, even at illegal speeds, are a major concern. When I price how I would configure the M5 and the GTS, they are priced at $105,197 and $113,635, respectively. Not a deal breaking difference in my opinion. The Porsche will cost more to maintain, but the M5 more to feed. Compared to the pathetic range of my E60 M5, the 26+ gallon fuel tank in the GTS has appeal. I thought the E39 M5 was the perfect size, so I consider the F10 M5 and GTS equally too large. Some think the Panamera is a touch on the ugly side, but if the choice is about visual appeal, difficulty distinguishing the current 3, 5, and 7 series Bimmers apart on the road is equally problematic. Having folks mistake my M5 for a 3-series is a little too much stealth for me. Moreover, every Bimmer I've ever owned has eventually developed annoying rattles and squeaks, the only solution for which has been to turn on the radio too loudly. In my current M5, all door seals squeak in warmer weather, and there's an intermittent buzzing from somewhere in the dash area under acceleration that significantly violates the V10's melody. I've never heard anything but road, wind, and engine sounds in the six Porsches I have owned.
I don't see any "struggle" or any point in "struggling" get the GTS since your reliance is primarily on internet postings
Appreciate 0