View Single Post
      04-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #164
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

There are some funny comments here: these kind of motorways (with unrestricted speed limit on the left line) have 4 lines: starting from the right to left, the first one is for slow trucks, the second one is for faster trucks that have to over pass the slower ones, but after that they should return on the first line, the third line is for let's say "normal" speeding cars to have enough space to over pass the "fast" trucks, but also these cars have to go back on the second line after the over pass is finished and the fourth line with the unrestricted speed limit.

Also these zones with unrestricted speed limit can have some areas with sometimes 100 km/h (62mph) limit and everybody brakes 'till reach this limit.

But the most important thing on this type of motorway is to stay on right as much time as the line is clear.

In UK the speed limit on the motorway is very low and also in a lot of EU countries with a limit of 130km/h. In the US is also a very low speed limit.
It's clear that for a lot of drivers this speed of 300km/h is insane but entering on the 4th line with let's say 150km/h without being sure that nobody will come from the back is like entering into an intersection without taking into account the "STOP" sign.

It s not good at all to over pass the speed limit in the areas with restricted speed but I can t blame a driver for going as fast as he wants, legally.

The real problem is with the drivers that are going slow and are not paying attention at all at the real traffic conditions! I also had an almost similar accident 3 years ago and the cause was the same, a bad driver changed the line without paying attention to the traffic conditions. My car was totaled too due to the fact that I had to break and change the driving direction to not enter directly into his car Same thing happened here My recovery took around 2 months, hope this guy will be able to drive as he likes as soon as possible Burnrubber
Appreciate 0