View Single Post
      12-07-2023, 10:32 PM   #4
Smithydxb
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 30 Jahre

Thanks for the quick replies. Replacing the bushes/ball joints isn’t something I fancy doing. They are only supposed to be changed once as the housing for them can deform and I’ve no idea whether previous owner has done this in the past already.

I dont mind replacing everything and if it’s going to cost a fortune, then so be it.

I just cant believe they would have made separate parts such as control arms/suspension arms. Some people have suggested the actual bushes are the difference, with the M5 ones being solid rubber and others being oil filled.

No one over here in the Middle East seems to advocate pressing new bushes. This was the same with my Cayenne Turbo & Range Rover, we just replaced them whole setup, which was surprisingly cost effective on both.

Long story short, if these specific components are different to the standard ones for the M cars, i’lll suck it up and replace with the FCP parts. I was just trying to establish if that was the case as there are so many people saying the exact opposite to each other.
Appreciate 0