View Single Post
      12-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #9
isakhnov
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f10 M5 CP - SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsumerFanatics View Post
Why would I? I have an iPhone that has Tidal HiFi streaming, a Apple CCK and a DragonFly Red unit. If I put music files onto a USB stick, I wouldn't get nearly the amount of flexibility I do with a streaming service.

Your suggestion, for me at least, is way more cumbersome and it simply wouldn't sound as good because the DragonFly Red is a DAC that replaces the digital conversion that the car's system would do (i.e., it's better than the car).
Completely agree on the hassle with the USB, although it probably gets negated with all of the connections and wires you have to live with in suggested setup. I have 128Gb stick permanently in the car with all of the convenience of the integrated setup as well as 7 channel flac fully integrated. I do not have DFR so it is impossible for me to comment on the audio quality, I do know that playing multi channel lossless on B&O comes very close to my untrained ear to the mid end custom setups (specifically the one my brother took three years to complete with full trunk devoted to amps, converters and other things I have very little understanding in with the second place in Ukraine competition couple of years back).
You do have a perfect opportunity to compare it, would love to hear you observations on the side by side comparison of the same content played through both.
Appreciate 1