View Single Post
      11-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #78
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Fact 1: the FIA race director made a decision and this decision was not overruled by FIA. Mercedes disputed the decision (in the presence of a lawyer) after the race but the complaint was dismissed. Mercedes decided not to appeal the FIA decision - it rest its case. That's also applying the rules.

That is all. One can argue all night about how Hamilton could or would have won in 2021, but he didn't. Verstappen passed him in Turn 5 of the final lap of the final 2021 race and was the first to pass the chequered flag.

Fact 2: an F1 driver wins a championship based on all points collected throughout the season. Take a closer look at how Verstappen collected WDC points in 2021 and let us know how many of those resulted from team orders ordering Perez to 'invert track position' or to 'abort fastest lap'. Subsequently, based on your findings, feel free to discuss what was fully deserved and what was, or would have been, more questionably deserved. A WDC title is supposed to reflect who overall performed best that year. Check the achievements of all 2021 F1 drivers and let us know who was leading most statistics. And mind you: facts - no fallacies, please.

Attachment 3023779

Attachment 3023780

Attachment 3023781
Strawman arguments because you couldn’t dispute the fact presented.

My discussion wasn’t about points or who deserved to win. But I forgot fanboys get blinded by their fanaticism and start arguing…

We’ll just let it go.
My point stands: saying “it was a race, in 3.2km” is not what F1 is about. That is a fallacy. You can even post a “Toto, it’s called a motor race” meme.

Heck, if it was, we’d be arguing about every race where a driver demonstrably is the fastest on EVERY LAP and ends up losing the race because the team messes up a pit stop, for example… Not just the final stretch. That’s all. You can disagree... That’s just an indisputable fact and the strawman arguments won’t work with me, I don’t take baits from trolls. So I won’t be responding to your deflections of subject because it’ll become a sh*show lol.
Let’s stay on topic then. This thread isn’t even about last season. It’s about whether “saying it wasn’t won fairly” is disrespectful. Didn’t see your opinion about that.
Appreciate 3
minn1914037.50
3798j11413.50
rwheels7066.50