View Single Post
      11-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #82
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Nobody would’ve came in for tires in MB/Lewis’s situation at that time.
Well the closest situation to that would be zandvoort 2022.
During the last safety car (then still vsc btw) VER immediately came in for fresh softs, giving his lead away to both HAM and RUS. RUS later also came in for fresh tyres, falling behind VER, but HAM didn't and we all know the outcome of that; VER didnt even had to wait a few turns to pass HAM, he did it straigth away on the straight.
I think the biggest difference here is that VER/RB is mainly focussing on being the fastest on the track, and HAM/MERC is mainly focussing in driving in 1st place on the track.

It's really quite simple if you know that race directors have a preference to have the result of the race fought out on the track instead of due to procedural events. Masi literally said that during the saudi arabia grand prix just 1 week before Abu Dhabi
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-02-2022 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60090.50