View Single Post
      05-17-2020, 02:56 AM   #8
ianm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J11SEK View Post
That's good to hear Does that mean you won't renew the warranty?? Interested to see if his opinion has swayed you in any way??
The TPMS was a single valve, £170. I have a 250 excess so I have to pay all that. The CE is a £500 fix, I will pay 250, so £420 in total. That’s on top of the c£800 for the warranty. I don’t really feel like this year has been good value although like others I have enjoyed the peace of mind. I had to fight for the handle to be fixed, and I noted that the exclusions on the warranty are surprisingly extensive. The dealer said other than the two issues the car was in perfect order so 2 faulty items and 24,998 non faulty items, the cars are really well engineered.

I’m still sub 60k miles so I’ll probably renew next year but I definitely won’t take the excess option. It’s pretty hard to argue against the argument that a single M5 engine widget would cost more than the warranty.

It would be helpful to have a sticky thread where we share all the faults experienced in these cars and whether they are in the scope of warranty. For the cars reaching 7-8yrs old there’s probably some smart preventative work that would be useful to know too.
Appreciate 3
J11SEK268.00
M5Rick59992.50