View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 10:40 PM   #5
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

Always interesting to see what people buy. I have owned exactly 4.5 vehicles in my 35+ years of driving.

'85 Toyota 2wd Pickup bought new when I finished college. Great little truck, problem free (replaced the clutch and transmission though at ~100k), rusted like hell which they all did. Sold it in '96 for 20% of what I bought it for with ~125k miles on it.

'98 Toyota 4wd Pickup bought it new too. After driving it for 22 years I just sold it. Great truck, problem free though the shell I got for it was a POS. The back window leaked like hell. Body held up well with some rust starting a couple of years ago. Under carriage had lots of road salt rust. Sold it for ~12% of what I bought it for with 150k miles on it.

'14 BMW X1 bought that new too. Been a fine buggy, wife drives it. Problem free so far with the exception of the heads up display that works intermittently (BMW after market). Perhaps the biggest disappointment, the resale value sucks, only worth barely 1/3 of the price we paid for it. Told the wife not to get into a wreck.

'15 Toyota Land Cruiser just picked it up. My first used vehicle. Just about to put the second tank of gas into it.

'97 Subaru Legacy Wagon - wife had it before we got married (thus the 1/2). Okay vehicle. IMHO Subarus are good for 100k miles then it is time to sell them as after that they seem to be problematic. Sold it in '13 for about 10% of what it was bought for with 120k miles on it.
Appreciate 0