View Single Post
      07-03-2020, 12:38 AM   #6
kenazaki
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 2001 E39 535i MSp

Door handle Update

Well I took the car in yesterday to my BMW service agent. They called me at the end of the day to say they couldn't find a fault with the car, I asked them so the car is locking and unlocking as it should do. Which they said yes and did I wish to come and collect the car or leave it with them for a few day I chose to collect it, but on getting the keys from them when I walked out to the car and walked up to the nearside rear door the car unlocked itself without me using the key fob or touching the door handle. So I went back to the service desk feeling a little pissed off. The person at the desk made a phone call to see if the technician that was looking at the car was still on site. Which he wasn't and I was told they would have to order a new door handle and possibly the locking mechanism. So the car is going back in a weeks time, let's see what happens then. Mean while I think I will call the warranty company too check I am covered for this work even though the service agent can't find a fault code.
Appreciate 0