View Single Post
      08-15-2023, 01:14 PM   #35
alexzagg
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [7.50]
2015 535i - LCI HID Bi-Xenon to Aftermarket LED

Hello all, hope everyone is having a good day.

I am giving an update on this thread as I have done the same exact thing ddiimmaa has done.

As we all know, Dima has upgraded from regular HID Xenon to LCI LED Adaptive Headlights, well, I may have done a thing as well.

Here is a before:

Name:  Original.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  166.2 KB

I have purchased "LED" replicas, I am younger and cannot afford the original OEM lights and they did not have a adaptive function and were for pre-lci that didn't have the adaptive hardware. So, obviously the lights didn't work, it was stuck on high beam, and I was unaware one night I was out, and on my way home I got pulled over for turning off my lights to night blind passing by cars and opposing traffic, I got lucky and the cop was super cool and understanding and let me off, never drove until I would fix my lights. My assumption was that it needed programming, and I was correct, but I also needed to route an additional wire and change pin numbering, to which marius76 had told me about and I was unaware of.

Scared I was scammed, I started scouring the internet looking for fixes and how to resolve the issue, to which I came across this post and got into contact with marius76 (@Marius76_bmw on Instagram). It was a bit hard to get into contact with Marius at first, due to completely different time zones, but once we got to talking we got to working. Marius had me sent him information and pictures of the car and he instantly got to working his magic. He created a specified layout to how my wires are sitting and told me which pins go where, how to do it, how to take them out of the slots, etc. After rerouting all my wires and where they sit, connecting an additional wire from the LED Day running lights into the FRM and which fuses to pull, the high beam and low beam lighting started working again!

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_5147.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  114.7 KB

BUT, work isn't done yet. My top LED strip w/ the turn signal wasn't turning on and I had codes, so, we have to program now.

Marius remotely connected with my car through my computer and got to programming, and I just don't know how he does it but he did. He programmed my headlights and new software/coding into the FRM, enabling the Day Running Lights, the LED strip and working turn signals. The programing also turned off and removed the annoying adaptive function error code, very happy with the ending result.

I am so thankful I had found this post, it was great help and gave me motivation and hope that this would work, and it has! It is a great transition from the OEM Angle Eyes to a mean M5-look.

Name:  Modified.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  157.4 KB

Huge thanks to ddiimmaa for this post and the internet, massive shoutout to marius76 for helping me out with the installation, wiring and coding.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60091.50