Chesie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 530i X-Drive

Garage List
Anyone move from an M5 to an M6?

Hey folks,

The lease on my 2016 M5 6MT is up next September, and I am thinking of my next car. I was originally planning on getting a Porsche 911 GT3 touring, as BMW is moving away from Manual transmissions. But....

I went to my local dealership this weekend, to get my coolant topped off, and my CA happened to be there. We talked, and he mentioned the possibility of getting a 2019 M6 Grand Coupe with a 6MT, which apparently will still be made until February 2019. I actually like the idea of this better than moving to a 911, as I kinda still need a backseat from time to time, and this will be my DD.

My question: have any of you moved from an M5 to an M6 (F06)? What were your impressions of the M6? More fun, more comfortable, more snazzy? Harder to drive or park? I'm really just looking for general impressions.

If the F90 M5 were made in a 6MT, there is no question I would get one of those when my '16 M5 lease is up, but that isn't the reality. My M5 has been the most-enjoyable car I have ever owned.

I am not ready to give up my stick shift yet. As an aside, I am not looking at an M3 or M4. If the M6 idea doesn't pan out, and I move to a smaller sports car, it will be to the P-car. Money isn't the issue.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Danny
Appreciate 2
RPiM52875.00
apascutia172.50