Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post
Same here I75/85 through downtown Atlanta rushour someone cut me off then stopped. Before I had time to react the car beeped red warning and slammed on the brakes automatically. Scared the $h1t outta me lol. I think it only applies brakes below 25 or 30 mph.

Btw this was in my 14 had the same happen two days ago in my 16 but was going faster and I applied the brakes myself
Hmm, well, my '13 didn't even fake it at trying to apply the brakes. My speed was about 50 mph when the RED CAR appeared and the Audible Alert went off.

One thing for sure,...if the Red Car suddenly appears,...and the audible alert blasts,...one best be ready to jump on the calipers!

Note,...because the vehicles in front of me had stopped,..and I was still traveling at 50 mph or so,...the system detected a high probability of a crash! Therefore,...the Red Car/Audible Alert was more intense,....at least it seems as though it was.
Yep seen it many times and if your speed is under 30mph (I think) you get all that plus your brakes slammed on for you lol
Appreciate 0