View Single Post
      01-27-2018, 03:39 AM   #27
waleed760@gmail.com
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockm5 View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation. I have had MSR intakes on both of my F10 M5s and have drivin on them for over 70k miles through rain, dust and even snow. I clean them once a year and there is barely anything inside of the pipes. To see the condition of your turbo with that much oil and residue makes me believe there is a lot more going on here besides your intake. Maybe whoever installed it didn’t tighten down all the hoses properly letting in big particals of sand and and debri. I have never ran the prefilters that are included with the intake but looks to me the problem could of been identified a lot sooner than when those pictures were taken. Removing the intake pipes and or inlets from
time to time and visual inspecting the inside of them would have saved you a lot of trouble, especially in your harsh climate. Either way it sucks when things like this happen.
Our climate is dusty most of the time. I guess if you pay 2700 $ for intake you don't have to worry about anything else but it seems not
Appreciate 0