10-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #96
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstineM5 View Post
I had a July build M5 first week, that i took delivery on last weekend of August. I have not been notified of any pump coming my way, and i bought my car at the same dealer STONEHANDS got his M6 repaired at yesterday. There is no ryhme or reason to your build date. I'm so pissed off that others have there car fixed (glad to hear that your driving again) but that i haven't had the courtesy of even been giving an update by BMW. Talked to the dealer, they haven't heard anything on my car... Called BMW NA and they were like, no one has gotten there car fixed yet...COMPLETE LIE. I'm done with BMW after this experience, not even mad about the pump being recalled, the fact that they contact some and not others is bull shit, oh yeah, and the ventilated seat option is the biggest rip off of all time, check out Audi and Porsche when it comes to this. Sad / disappointed / and embarassed owner of a 2013 M5.
Wow! I was riding high on the wave of my successful recall. Now I am rather disconcerted. If the tables were turned I would probably feel hopeful that my pump would be on its way. There was no advance warning on mine. I knew there was five of us. You probably figured out who I was because I am the only M6 out of the group. I understand how you feel. When the BMW CA called to notify me, I unloaded on the poor guy. I tried to make up for it later by eating some crow. Perhaps the squeaky wheel did get greased in this case. In any event, I wish you get your recall resolved quickly. I would rather have a friendly colleague to share my BMW experience with rather than a disappointed one. Despite being on my fourth BMW, I have not joined the BMW CCA or its local chapter. I have now. I wish you well and hope we can hook up at the Oktoberfest and commiserate over our experience perhaps over a beer.
Appreciate 0