View Single Post
      12-16-2016, 08:18 PM   #19
cwhands
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 SS/CSAT 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalifa View Post
Thanks and I appreciate your comments, the car still in the dealer and I will collect it on Monday and update you.

Thanks a lot
Chris here from Park Ave BMW. We recently installed the Akrapovic Exhaust on DetailersDomain M2.

The install itself is pretty straightforward. The remote (Sound Kit) you purchased uses what Akrapovic calls a "can sniffer." The two wires that correspond to the valves (yellow/red & yellow/brown) are placed into the can sniffer.

When we mounted the Akrapovic, we left the trunk liner out to ensure we had the right wires. Akrapovic's manual states there may be 2 sets of wires that have the same color. We saw 3.

Can Sniffer Wiring by Chris Palma, on Flickr

Make sure all the connections are tight on the control kit as well. You should see a green light on it if the devices are communicating.

Pairing the Sound Kit shouldn't require much. Just hold it close to the Control Kit and press & hold the button. Again this will only work if the right wires are on the can sniffer and it is communicating with the Control Kit. Check pages 14 & 15 of the manual for more help on that. The light on ther remote indicates the status.

http://www.akrapovic.com/docs/SoundK...tionManual.pdf

IMG_0551 by Chris Palma, on Flickr

That aside, there is absolutely no coding/programming/etc. that needed to be done.

There's really no telling what was done by the initial installer. You (definitely) have to pull the trunk liner out and see what was done. The Akrapovic manual is very clear.

Report back with any updates. I'll do my best to be of any assistance.

Last edited by cwhands; 12-18-2016 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 2
metrickid3030.00
AndrewC198910931.00