10-04-2019, 07:37 PM   #89
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thef10m5 View Post
Power output is a good question. I haven't put it on a dyno so I can't be sure, but I was told by the installers that with the components on the car now (what I listed) that they estimated the engine HP was somewhere in the 730-740 range. TQ I reckon is right around the 640-650 range as well.

To me the car still feels a bit sluggish off the line in Comfort & Sport although the meaning of "sluggish" is really relative here LOL. But when I put it all in Sport Plus, the throttle responsiveness transforms to holy shit levels of good and acceleration even from a standstill becomes muuuuuch better.

Any reccos on clutches? I know nothing about them.
There's a few people that claim it's how you drive the car that can make or break clutches, I'm not sure though.

My car (dinan stg1) sometimes feels sluggish of the line too, especially in this heat wave (southeast)...but some of that is just inherent turbo lag too.

Most people go w/ SSP clutches. There's another brand as well, Dodson, but for whatever reason SSP is more popular. Some folks upgrade the clutch basket as well but the standard is SSP clutches made to fit the OEM basket.

Good thread here; https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1128469