01-09-2020, 05:40 AM   #94
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
Honestly stage 1 on our cars isn't rocket science at this point. It's a pretty generic tune from any reputable tuner, they have been doing them for 6-7 years at this point. I spoke to both tuners and Mike was including updating my maps and a few other little things that DME was not. BPM was also a little cheaper. And the third and main factor was sheer convenience, Mike sent me the cable and remoted in and uploaded the tune in my garage. DME is about and hour and a half from me and I was just being lazy lol. If I had a unique setup like pure turbos or something, or wanted to extract every ounce of power out of the car I would have definitely gone to DME to get the tune. I just wanted to wake the car up a bit and not be pushing the limits of stock clutches.
i also have bpm stage 1, with downpipes. i was getting your insight. i feel the same. i did stage 1 bc i didnt want to kill the motor with ~28psi stage 2 so i went with ~23psi and dp's for more sound and lil more power

bpm also has a lot of peripheral stuff to offer over anyone else i contacted which is another reason i chose him
Appreciate 0