01-14-2020, 04:21 AM   #102
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
I've been researching the market for either a used F 10 M5 or potentially an F80 M3. Yes I know that kind of apples and oranges but I want an M car - I'm 47 married three kids. Our family car is an F15 X5.

I sometimes feel like part of me wants the lighter more youthful M3 but I also would use the car with the family for some
Midrange road trips and the M5 would probably be much more practical for that.

When you start looking at prices on 2016 models with similar mileage they kind of come in in a similar price point you're either in high 40s to low mid 50s for something clean and nice.

I'm curious if you did just a stage one ECU upgrade on an otherwise stock M5.. what kind of power levels would you be at and how would something like that compare to a stock or chipped M3 on the freeway from a roll?

How much is a tune in an M5? Similar to M3?
Stage 1 F10 M5 should get 700bhp at the crank and Stage 1 M3 will be about 540bhp at the crank.

Use OpenFlash or Bootmod3, depending on how you want to tune you could have a local tuner who is reputable nearby but be careful and use one who has recommendations. Cost about $800 for Stage 1 which is more than enough power.

Not much will stay with an M5 on a roll when at Stage 1
Appreciate 0