View Single Post
      05-17-2018, 05:46 PM   #33
LestorGribble
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8munro View Post
I understand what your saying a out the burn rate of methanol but since this incident months ago i have put though 5psi extra, gone to a 200mph event, gone to the 1/4 strip set a 5.8 60-130 and basically abused the hell out of the car indicating that detonation/ pre ignition is no longer an issue and the cause was running extremely lean on a pull or when i had stock plugs and gaps pushing over 25psi causing me to pre ignite. This has all been quite a learning experience for me as i do not have previous experience in this sort of mods but since getting the meth flowing and plugs changed the car has kicked arse.

That's interesting. Usually an increase in cylinder pressure can lead to further ignition issues, but if you increase the fuel flow rate then you have a different stoichometric ratio which would lead to later detonation. Like I said, it's been a while since I've done the math, so I could be full of BS! Congrats on solving the issue though, and good luck with your car! If you ever have any high level nerd questions, feel free to hit me up!
Appreciate 0