06-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #21
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormermike View Post
Not an m5 but Sytner Newport left my car for after hours collection and when i got in the fuel warning light was on. I never let it get that low. They had been test driving it to diagnose a vibration they had caused (a wheel buckle). The car had originally gone into them running perfectly but needed a new front wishbone. I get it back with an awful vibration, and the steering off centre. They had done a KDS on the front wheels only (thick bastards) and somehow a rear wheel had ended up buckled. They took it in for the day to redo KDS and investigate vibration but refusing to acknowledge wheel damage and i then get it back with low fuel light. They had used half a tank. I got a full tank of fuel out of them eventually but they refused to replace the wheel. Sorted myself in the end, but wont be going back.

Bloody hell, this is exactly in line with my experience with Newport,

My M6 went in for the infamous apple car play dropping in and battery drain, steering wheel not heating and paint flaking off front calliper

What a nightmare, they had the car for best part of 2 months over Xmas, but gave me an X7 so thats OK.

Upon return

Steering wheel not replaced despite email confirming a new ones on order
Same for calliper
Battery drain not fixed
Apple car play worse

To make matters worse they damaged my alloy despite me advising not to use an air tool on the nuts when replacing the calliper

In the end they

Replaced steering wheel and damaged new one whilst fitting it and busted cowling surround
Replaced calliper but damaged front alloy too

Both issues fixed, I have never experienced so much pain in my life

Also drained my car of fuel and returned it in a filthy condition with grease marks over the door cards etc.

I suggest giving them a wide berth
Appreciate 0