View Single Post
      02-18-2019, 05:24 PM   #14
JC04
Private
Rep
Drives: MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by technician117 View Post
My 2013 M5 is due for a battery. The cold weather in the Northeast is revealing weakness in my (assumed) original battery. I keep getting the "charge battery" message.

1.) What is everyone using for an "OE like" replacement battery? I'm not interested in a lightweight battery, etc. Just a direct replacement.

2.) Do our batteries need coding like the old e60's? or can I just swap it out?

I had the same issue as you have. My M6 gave me an increased battery discharge message after 2-3 days even after trickle charged overnight. I didn't want to get stuck with dead battery during subzero temperatures.

I read some of your replies and it looks like you already have ISTA D program. That's all you need to register a new same AH battery. You don't need ISTA P to program/code unless you want to change your battery AH. Example, from 92AH to 105AH. In addition, since you have ISTA D just hook it up and scan your car. It will tell you the battery AH it currently installed. Follow the instructions below to get the information about your current battery and register the new battery.

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1569619

I bought my battery from Oreilys autoparts. The cheapest for an East Penn battery. I have the new battery for about a month and recently went on a trip for 9 days and left the car in subzero temperatures without the trickle charger connected. It started right up when I got home without any hesitation and no increased battery discharge message either. All my electronics still working 100% correctly.

Tips: Whatever you do when changing the battery, always disconnect the negative termination first before you messing with the positive terminal.

Last edited by JC04; 02-18-2019 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0