View Single Post
      08-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #54
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
people are saying that the m5 will beat the new e63 from a roll, because of the added weigth of the 4 matic, but even wwith the extra 100-150 lbs wont the e63 STILL be lighter than the M5?

if so, why would the m5 pull at higher speeds? especially considering the S-AMG will have 585 hp.

?
I dont see weight being the factor (as much) as the inefficient mct tranny and the AWD system. The AWD system sucks up the power at higher speeds and also the MCT combined with the AWD system is not remotely as efficient in the hp to the ground delivery. I recently dyno'd my M5 at EAS and then my buddy dyno'd his E63 with the PP kit (albeit not a 2014)- his car averaged 488hp and mine was 538hp. This was WHP which the F10 will benefit in the run and the curves on the rpm/speed scale clearly show that the F10 will have alot more hp up top when roller races shine. The 35 hp will not make up for the AWD system in the E63 IMHO. It will be an incredible car no doubt and a force from a dig but the DCT shines. For most daily drivers (traffic queens) the E63 will the be car- mash and go and enjoy thrust and no spin. I just dont drive that way often and cant get over the ugly front end either. I do need to see it in person; the cars are at the port I hear right now.

The MCT is just too far behind in technology. My friends in Dubai are running Beta MCT tunes and they swear their cars are two lengths faster in rollers than without. Its just not as good.

This is not science- the cars are very close still but look at the curves and tell me who shines up top. This is a non AWD E63 who will have slightly less hp but will not lose as much up top because it does NOT have AWD:

Whats reallly impressive is the torque curver or lack of it in the F10... solid all the way thru. Oh thats my C63 Black thrown in the mix- yes its slower up top but it sounds 4.976543 times better LOL. Its interesting how the Blacks power curves mirror the F10 but at lower levels.

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0