View Single Post
      04-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #180
VodkaOne
Private
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d xDrive F11 '12

Unhappy

I think by reading some of the comments here that some people remained stucked in the Wild West era where whoever had the biggest made the law. You guys should pay attention to your words and give a better image of a BMW driver / owner !

I can't believe that some of you charge the driver that jumped into of beeing responsible for this accident. Did you know that, in Germany, a driver who puts his turn signal on to change lanes has the priority over those coming behind ? German drivers expect from others comming faster from behind to slow down to let them overpass. That's how it works there. You'd be surprised. Then surely you'd get used to and rember how morron you had been flashing lights and eating the rear bumper of the car driving in front of you.

I wouldn't even call this an *accident*.

If this driver can open his eyes this morning on an hospital bed, HE KNOWS he's been an idiot. He is certainly remorseful thinking he probably ruined his life plus the life of a 20 yo boy and probably also ruined the lives of his wife, his children and others.

It is crazy to have an 'expected to be' mature 60 yo man have a 20 yo boy involved in such a risky situation.

Finally get to know that the German Police condemns those drivers who do not adapt their speed to road conditions, and that, even on the portions of highway where no speed limit applies.

The driver of the M5 may still be prosecuted for failing to comply with this obligation even if no other cars were involved in the accident. It's also unlikely that the insurance will cover any damages given how foolish and immoral this driver was.

That said, I still hope these people won't live the rest of their days in wheelchairs and they won't suffer for too long. May God help them feel better.

V1.
Appreciate 0