03-31-2014, 10:08 AM   #9
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
@Carac, the thing though is you are first at your dealer, but that says nothing as to the actual time slot the dealer gets compared to other dealers for their first allocation, or how the allocations are spread out for cars designed for export to different countries. I certainly hope you get your car sooner than later so I can go up there and take some photos of it

I would love to know how that works. Does each country get their allocations in one production block, or is it rotated, or other?

My understanding also is the i8 will be built on the same production line as the i3, not on it's own dedicated line. If they plan to build 5000 cars per year (read that in the Car Magazine review that was posted here last week - but don't know if it's true as the author didn't cite a source - sounds a bit high to me) that's only about 15 cars a day. Or, they do a day of i8's and then a bunch of days of i3's.

Anyone knows? @Scott26?
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be sold out from under. I'm a fairly laid back guy. Tell me no one is getting one because it's delayed a couple months (remember they originally expected deliveries to start in Feb/March)? That's cool. My outrage at a delay won't make it any shorter. Lead me to believe I was in the first year's batch and I'm not? Different story.

Estimates put first year US deliveries at less than 350. Anything as hotly anticipated and limited as the i8 will result in dissatisfaction, no matter what. Which is why I think they're being so quiet about the whole thing and why they're going "steath."
Appreciate 0