View Single Post
      09-15-2020, 09:19 PM   #12
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

So I've done 2 oil changes on Ravenol 0W/40 and in short, I won't have a 3rd with it. I'll be returning back to Liquid Moly. See the attached Blackstone analysis after the 1st change. Note I had to add a quart of oil midway through a 5,000 mile interval. The Blackstone report attached comes from the above mentioned oil change. Now I'm on my 2nd round of Ravenol and I had to add yet another quart about midway through. The last time I had to add a quart of oil was when I went 10,000-12,000 miles on BMW oil. I didn't have that issue with LM hence my sole reason for going back to it.

Ravenol did warm up considerably faster than LM. I'm not sure if this was due to additional engine friction or from its properties. With the quicker warm ups, I could push the car higher up in revs a lot sooner from a cold start. The other issue is the price difference. $160 versus $75 for 10 liters. I would have certainly stayed with Ravenol despite the price difference had I seen better results.

Blackstone came back and said this was a nice report and that I could try for a longer interval between oil changes but to me it's not worth it if I need to add a quart. Something isn't adding up so therefore "I'm OUT" as they would say on Shark Tank.

I await the comments. Hope you all have been safe during these Corona days.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0