12-02-2020, 08:03 PM   #41
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000 View Post
This car will not be seeing any type of track use, so the cost to benefit ratio of the sways, monoballs, and camber arms weren't there for me. The sways on the competition package are apparently better than the standard bars, so there was even less of a reason to upgrade those. I really don't see myself doing any other suspension mods past this sleeve kit to lower it just a tad -- for the bit of aggressive driving I've done in the car, it feels neutral and very planted.
While the Dinan monoballs are pricey, the Turner monoballs, which are normally ~$280, will occasionally go on a "flash sale" down to ~$90. Getting the arms out and back in again is straightforward, and then it's just a matter of having a press with the right cup sizes or getting a shop to press out the old ones and press in the new. I didn't have access to the right cups so paid ~$50 to a local shop, bringing it to $140 total, plus another $70 for new bolts, nuts and clip nuts, to be safe.

The comp pack sways are 15% stiffer than the non comp. The Dinans, even on the middle setting, would be about 25% stiffer than the comp bars (more on the rear). I'd still argue the Dinans are worth it, and the install is also pretty easy, but it is $1K for sway bars and I've never been in a lowered comp pack car.

Last edited by vafan13; 12-02-2020 at 08:09 PM..
Appreciate 0