11-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #45
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupineda View Post
I agree with his last statement, however all he says about the "nature" of the car is nonsense to me. It is always the choice of the driver and in no way an auto gives more control over the power train.
Can't agree with you more, I just don't get the purist statement its rubbish. I am not some crazy lunatic "purist" I just like to drive MT cars, is that so hard to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc19 View Post
Agreed... this is my concern with the new m3/4, there have been reports that the computer does a good job of hiding lag with the DCT in the m5, however no computer to hide it with the manual.

@Amleto63

On public roads I'm not going to get any of the speed benefit from the DCT, but with a 6mt even a hop over to the grocery store can be fun as I rev match pulling into the parking lot. I think that's what it comes down for me, the DCT is lightning fast but the 6MT is just, fun.
Not sure if you owned the V10 M5 but while there is an ever so slight lag in this car but you really have to look for it. However while the V10 was NA there was an "RPM lag" - unless that car was screaming above 5K+ rpm it really felt doggish in nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradone1 View Post
Good article on MT and the fact that people just aren't being taught as children anymore... I'm assuming alot of our DCT peers were simply never introduced?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/us/man...ack/index.html
This I know for a fact and was hoping to start a MT free training class for the family and friends - they all ask me how to works. My wife and I are one of the few who know how to operate a clutch/pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme View Post
Simple. I just don't want DCT.

Its same reason why i don't like a lot of electronics on the car too. I am not fond of steering response setting on the new M5 either.

Some time simpler is better.
If you think about it soon enough this world will be controlled by robots and computers - we will simply be passengers of technology. I feel that this M5 in MT is one of the last of its kind when it comes to luxury wrapped in simplicty/control/experience.

*** In conclusion this is the last DCT versus MT debate I ever respond to!!!

Last edited by uhn2000; 11-13-2012 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0