Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiraq M5 View Post
if it's a 2015 then it's a good price.

2013-2014 I would try to go down to 35k if possible

Thanks! Sorry, I put it in the title but not the post, it's a 2013. '14s seem to have a pretty big jump in the asking price (I'm assuming because of the LCI), and 15s another bump from there. Unless there's a compelling non-visual reason (outside of CP), I'm not sure the extra $s are worth it for me.

I had originally thought i'd be able to pick up an aftermarket warranty if I wanted, but after reading more around here, it sounds like that won't be an option. As such, my biggest hesitation on an older out of warranty M5 is potentially getting butt-rammed on stuff breaking. From what I've read the F10 seems to be fairly reliable, and I don't plan on tuning it, but how scared should I be? I drive <10K miles a year and am fairly handy and willing to do stuff myself*, so I'm hoping at least the regular stuff won't be terrible.

*not that I'd do it with an M5, but as an example, I once did a tranny swap in my garage with the help of a mechanic friend. I've also swapped out a differential (PITA on an '01 cobra), exhaust, and all the regular maintenance type stuff.

Last edited by vafan13; 02-26-2019 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 0