View Single Post
      08-01-2018, 12:37 PM   #6
Lennon997
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirkaismyname View Post
M5_Brandoe I hear "Leather Masters" from Detailers Domain (website) is a pretty solid cleaner. Further they have a "matte" conditioner that leaves the leather without a shine but with a condition.

I've also researched SwissVax and heard good things about them as well. I'll test it out and keep you posted.

I'm kind of not motivated to clean the leather given that the vehicle is a lease; however, the steering wheel is an absolute MUST. So, I'll be trying both out very soon.

Thanks,
H
lol good to know......even on a lease you wont clean and condition the leather once a year? thats pretty poor.

OP.....

the short answer to your question is you will never get it back to original luster and condition, ever...... You can either replace the wheel with an OEM leather or replace with alcantara or the m performance wheel.

In keeping suede clean, wash your hands before you touch....you can use a coating (think ceramic pro or even a product you would use on suede shoes), spray and let it dry, this will create a barrier.

Also with alcantara/suede, there are specific cleaners made to clean it but IMO and in 10 years of doing this for fun i find that using a terry rag with water cleans the suede the best. You then brush it down to keep it consistent and let it dry.

for your OEM current wheel..... if you can take it out the car do it. leave it (with no electronics and no airbag) in direct sunlight. this will start to open the pores on the leather. Use a good cleaner (i like leatherique pristine clean personally) with new microfiber towels, one to apply and one to wipe.

Let it continue to sit in the sun while it drys out, you can then apply a leather conditioner (as other mentioned ones that leave a matte finish, or a leatherique rejuvinator.
Appreciate 0