04-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #40
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmerino View Post
I am with you man. That's what makes the American market quite different. Let the consumer decide and not let the manufacturer decide for him/her! Individualism is what is emphasized in the U.S. as opposed to "going with the flow" or "follow the trend" or "do what is prescribed" (which could be better) which most of the world seem to follow.
No it's about that in Germany for example, every 17-year-old girl knows how to drive manual. It's not considered art like it is here in the States. Driving manual is nothing special over there. Here you are considered a real man which is as ridiculous as the big ass trucks you see around sometimes.
The rest of the world has just learned that DCT has nothing to do with an automatic gearbox and that still you decide in which gear you are cruising along (unless you choose to drive in the automatic mode).

Now don't get me wrong. I love manual transmissions in certain cars (like Porsche's for example) It is fun to downshift with some double clutch (if that is the correct word). But it's not working as well in every car and as many people posted before, one wrong shift and the tranny is done.

So I'd consider to reconsider.
Appreciate 0