_BSMM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Bootmod 3 Stage 2 - Low Dyno Readings

Before I dive in, I will say I have already spoken with Halim from proTUNING Freaks to figure out what the issue is and the support has been good so far. I'm waiting to get some logs to better diagnose the issue.

Mods:
Stage 2 OTS 93 Octane Mild Burble (Beta w/ reduced torque)
Catless Downpipe
Charcoal Delete
Muffler Delete

Put my car on a dynojet yesterday and put down:

563 HP/590 TQ in 4th gear
589 HP/622 TQ in 5th gear

I posted this in the Bootmod3 page on fb and in the F10 forums and opinion was pretty unanimous that something is off considering many users are reaching 660 HP/640 TQ with the same tune/bolt ons. Even one user posted a dyno of his M3 on BM3 Stage 2 pushing 580 HP/620 TQ

I'll post the logs later tonight, but I figured I'd post just to make it interesting. What do you guys think is going on?

From others I've shared with it seems to be:
1. Poor Fuel (I'm running 93, but maybe bad pump gas?)

2. Poor Airflow in dyno causing ECU to pull timing/heat soak (The setup was pretty low quality, with one carpet fan pointed at the radiator and another at the turbos)

3. Poor Tuning (Highly doubtful as others are running the same OTS w/ great results)

4. Something wrong with the car (not holding boost, improper cooling, I do have a CEL on one of my pre-cat O2 sensors that I damaged during install culprate??)

My power goals were 700 whp once I get a custom tune and meth set up, but seems like I'm like a long way off.

Heres a video to see the set up, (car is dirty, it was raining)

Attached Images

Last edited by _BSMM5; 06-14-2019 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0