View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #90
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Dudes,

I believe that both electric and the internal cumbustion engines will see many technological advances over the next 50 years and both will be profitable. Tesla is the first car company to be born in the United States within the last 50 years, and since it went public in 2010 has had its value increase by 49%. That's 49% in just 2 short years. I personally believe that Tesla Model S is the game changer. It's a revolution, like the iPhone1 was. We are living in amazing times people. Tesla is even trying to change the car sales industry business model, by going with an Apple Store like model that cuts out the franchises. Right now many states are starting legal battles with Tesla for violating traditional car dealership franchise laws.

Look how far Turbocharging technology has come over the last 20 years. Turbocharged engines, turbo diesels, and pure electric vehicles are the future. Personally, I don't buy into the whole carbon emissions and destroying the environment mumbo jumbo, but as far as money saved on not having to buy gas ever again, that is what I think will be future. The performance technology of these electric drives is amazing also. Of course all electric cars will not be for everybody, but Tesla already has ideas about making a smaller cheaper car for under $30,000. If they can do that, why not have both types of cars. Why not own a small all electric vehicle for your daily driver to get back and forth to work and as a grocery getter, while owning your F10 M5, or your Porsche Turbo for the weekend? And then imagine a lot of home owners upgrading their houses with solar panels, so they can get free energy to charge their electric cars. I think as time goes on over the next 20 to 50 years the electric car market will start competing with the normal car market, forcing normal internal combustion cars to get even more fuel efficient and maintain the same high performance. I think we'll have the best of both worlds. Tesla even has plans to start selling electric car technology to other American and Japanese manufacturers so they can start producing their own electric cars.

After I watched the Tesla versus F10 M5 drag race, there's no doubt that the Model S is fast in the straight line. I did a bunch of research since then on the Model S and the concept of it seems pretty badass. Its got very good technology for a car, and seems like a bit of a future car. Have you seen the interior? There are no buttons, dials, or knobs. Everything is touch screen. The Model S comes with 2 USB ports, now why didn't BMW think of that?! Once Telsa starts selling more cars and the market grows for them, the price of their Tesla cars will start coming down and become more affordable. Not to mention that we already get a $7,500 tax credit for buying one right now. They are already doing R&D in designing an electric SUV, which will have a huge impact in the American market I believe. After studying Tesla motor company in great detail, I made the decision to start buying Tesla stock. I'm telling you this is the beginning of a revolution in the automotive industry. It's up to you if you want to be a part of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Motors

Appreciate 0