10-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #95
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaq1M5
@Nik1414 - Those are fair criticisms of the tests.
@thebishman - range is really not an issue when you get 260-300 miles per charge. I can only see it as an issue only if your daily commute is from philadelphia to DC. Even with a long trip apparently they will be opening supercharger stations across the country that recharge the car for free in 30 minutes.

Never thought I would consider an electric car but it would seem Tesla is trying to make a compelling case. Based on reviews and track tests I can't say that my M5 is the superior car which is a little frustrating. So, I'm left with 2 cars. 1 car that is made in America and requires no gas vs another car that by and large is made abroad and is a gas guzzler. It vexes me.... I'm terribly vexed.

I agree and believe the telsa s is close competition to the M5, but by no stretch of the imagination is it better, different yes. Just waiting to see how this car really performs and wears after the "honeymoon" phase . It shall be Interesting. I may consider one in 5 to 7 years if there is more progress. Who knows? Great discussions.
Appreciate 0