Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazarov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm55 View Post
I’m running catless dps and a BPM tune. No smell of fuel at all unless I leave the car idling for an extended period in the garage. Mine also uses no oil between services so no oil smell either. I was previously running an evolve stage 2 tune without any fuel smell.

So based on my experience, something isn’t right. I can’t proffer any useful suggestions. I think you should look at short term trims rather than long term trims on a WOT run. Where do your AFRs drop to after 5.000 rpm when going WOT. Mine level out at about 12.2
Hi,
smell is definitely raw fuel as in rich mixture and not like oil.
Since i got the car Oct2021 i have done 1 oil change and it took 2 liters to top up before it was time to change the oil.

When i changed the oil i also replaced the PCV system and since then i've done 3000+ kms and oil is still on max without topping up, so i get this is a good sign.

AFR on WOT is around 12.0, here is a video of 100-200 run (this one is ~6.5sec with MDM on, my best so far is 6.24 with DSC completely off) -
I had the same issue on cold start and had 3 leaking injectors. Get it addressed before they fail and damage the engine.