View Single Post
      09-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #74
JoM3z
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 CP XDrive G82 M4 - SSG

Garage List
For an intake and stock everything, that says a lot. Is your setup using the same stock intake box? or is the intake ram rerouted down near the front air ducts?

I tried few intakes in the past and non of which really gave much usable power. If you ever need a test mule, I'm more than happy to purchase pre-production unit from you and run it for a few thousand miles. I've been doing some data logging for BMS piggy back since I'm at 5500 ft. above sea level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
Once everything is finalized for there are a couple changes needed for both M5 and M6. Jigs are done but after a couple things I noticed about easy instillation and maintance down the road I decided to have jigs redone. Plus I want a couple thousand miles on tack to monitor and to make sure fully adapted. It's been three days already and can tell its still not adapted yet. One minute its hauling ass the next it feels like its still learning. The volume of air that its getting and the way it has to read it is nothing like a normal intake. Every gear change or dropping gears ect the car has to adapt.

It's 100 degrees outsude right now and it burns through 1st gear just gasing it and that's 325's in the back. I can't wait till its fully adapted ready to Dyno this thing.

It just keeps pulling all the way to redline and the car is completely stock. Before the car would heat soak after a couple of third gear pulls, now it runs consistent and intake temps drop more and more as you go through the gears where the stock intake temps climb just in one pull.

Hopefully will have some good data and see what my CNC guys and fabricators have in store for me. I didn't cut back on anything. I hope to have a couple sets soon if everything goes as planned

Have a buddy with a M5 muffler delete, upgraded stock intake and BMS 3.5 boost increase set up for a race
Hopefully we can see how it performs between the two. As of right now it feels like I have BMS 3lbs boost increase. That's hard to believe I know, but Dyno should show if I'm right or not. Plus a race against a moded M5 would be a great test

Last edited by JoM3z; 09-02-2014 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0