View Single Post
      04-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #93
767IJP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Back in the 60s and 70s the plane company Beechcraft made a private high performance single engine airplane called the Bonanza. The elite went out and got their pilots license and buying it in big numbers. They also wound up getting killed like mad. It was dubbed the "Doctor Killer". See despite the ability to afford it, they didn't have the competence to
Operate it. See JFK Jr.

This guy was going at 300km/h on a public road which is INSANE. Perhaps this driver knew what he was doing. But the mere variable of OTHERS sharing the same road shows some sort of invincibility by him. Like motorcyclists say. "it's not the bike that'll kill you, it's the other drivers." 300 Klicks is insanely fast. Close to F1 top speeds. On a public road, infested with gobs of incompetents (now matter how high the standard is there)?!? Madness.

300km/h leaves you with little reaction time to someone else's blunder. You're putting your trust out on a ridiculous limb.

That said hope they pull through and slow down for god sakes. What's the point? On a public road!?!?!