09-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #45
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG7 View Post
Not intending to bash Dinan. I never would have dropped 7K on upgrades if i did not have a good understanding and sincere respect for the company's philosophy and track record..
My personal experience with the software upgrade is very real. Per Dinan, the diffence should be 'night and day".. Something is not right. They evidently agree. I just heard from the dealership and they will re-flash it tomorrow. Dealership and Dinan have been very helpful through this mini-oreal.

I get back from a trip Monday and will put up a post Tuesday night. Will re-dyno the car at HP Logic in West Palm and will post results when I have them.

We agree on the exhaust note. Thanks for the tip on how to wake it up.

Finally, I didn't post an introduction b/c I wasn't sure anyone cared..

My name is Josh. I am a convert from Audi. Last car was an Audi RS5 with the Stasis Challenge suspension, stasis wheel package and a full milltek exhaust. Switched to the M5 b/c I prefer RWD and manual transmission. I am in love with this car.

This is my first foray into any forum.
Grateful for your input. Hope I clarified.

OK, well give us some car pics if you don't mind. I would suggest doing Stage 2 because it's more HP and it may be more noticeable on a day to day driving basis. That being said, I can't really notice the difference unless I am in a position to really push the car and then the biggest difference is over 100mph. My car is really a lot faster from 120 to limiter now but unfortunately, BMW won't let me appreciate the real gains the Dinan tune gives us.

It's very hard to use the power on the low end because of the RWD aspect of the car. I love the car but I recently added a 991 TTS because I wanted to run faster ETs in the quarter and I got that. I am going to start the modding process on my 991 in another month or so.

If you are interested, here are the threads describing my experience with modding the M5.

Initial Results with Noelle DPs and Dinan Stage 2

Dinan Stage 2 and CAI on Order

Noelle DPs arrived, pics here
Appreciate 0