Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanyam4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddiimmaa View Post
Hi, thanks for the rep, it was a bitch to get this done I do have the LCI Xenons available if interested. I put them up here and on ebay. they are taking up space in my garage full set with 19k on the car. If you take on the adventure for LED.. I paid 2800 for mine and that was a steal, I think there is a member selling his allmotor2000? might work a deal with him for those.
Base on your experience do you think it would be easier to go from xenon to xenon? I really like the lci xenon too.
from what I read and found, it's a changing of pinout on the headlight plug, and coding. If you reach out to Marius, tagged in the thread he ca. pull the wiring diagram for your car, and I can give you my vin so you can compare them and see where the difference is. Based on what has been stated before its easier than running new wiring and taking dash trunk etc apart. but you still have to remove front bumper and wheel well covers to get new lights in and out..

"From hallogen headlight to LCI Xenon (not AHL)
2 - 2
3 - 3
6 - 6
9 - 5
10 - 8
11 - 7
12 - 1

then add extra GND to pin 4

After that take out 2 pins from FRM and join them together into one pin (Y connection)
(pin 4 - A58*2b) and (pin 6 - A58*1B) to FRM pin 41 (A58*2B)"

there's a few other threads on it, so doable and definitely simpler and close to half the cost of going to LED..
Appreciate 1
khanyam4801.50