View Single Post
      07-19-2019, 02:04 PM   #7
M.ibreik
Palestine
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
A pressurised crankcase is usually a sign of blowby, cylinder pressures leaking past the piston rings.

A cylinder leak down test should show if the rings are sealing but if it's not a big leak it may not be obvious. This test would not tell you if the oil scraper ring is good though.

If you don't want to spend money on a diagnosis you could fit a temporary oil catch can in the PCV system. If the smoking stops then it would be oil entering the PCV, if it continues then you would have to go a bit further.

Oil burning can be hard to diagnose without correct equipment. My advice would be to keep looking for someone who knows how to test and not guess. This is difficult though unfortunately.
So you think that I have an excess blow-by due to Pistons not sealing properly this pushing not only air but oil along with it into the intake through the PCV?

Because I also tried checking the pressure of the Crank case removing the oil cap and the cap is being sucked in which makes me assume that the Crank is under tight vacuum that it's sucking the oil cap back on which makes me assume that there isn't blow by issue in the crank due to vacuum? Anyway I will try finding someone who will do proper diagnose on the engine

What do you think?
Attached Images

Last edited by M.ibreik; 07-19-2019 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0