Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake_Late View Post
🚆 predicting a #bmwturbopower 4 or 6 banger ( please make it a P48 derivative 🙏🏼 )
I agree that, if they are building a case for a PHEV rather than an EV, a P48 actually makes good sense. It would fit the i8 platform without the need to modify any hard points. Even if they had to detune it from race spec, it could still give them, say, 500hp from the combustion part of the drivetrain alone. And they could, for example, double that by complementing it with two or even three electric motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
Pointless, ice is on it's final straw, stop wasting time and resources and let's build a EV division, the i3 was a good start, everything since then have been a waste of time!
An EV division? If the ICE is as dead as you say, then so are EV divisions. Why have a division for something that should soon be the entirety of your business? Every BMW will soon be electrified and M Division products certainly won't be left out. In fact, I would argue this supercar exercise makes sense only if it is at the very least a plug-in hybrid.
Bingo ‼️