01-11-2021, 01:32 PM   #13
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
It could be my imagination but it seems no one is buying NEW manuals, but the used market has a premium on manuals vs autos regardless of the car.
I agree. Depending on the car I think it is often because of how it will be used. The new car is far more likely to be a daily driver, very likely leased, the 5 year old car is far more likely to be more of an enthusiast using it as a 2nd car.

Some part of it is demographics, the person getting a new M3 vs. the 4 year old M3.

Some part of it is we are on an enthusiast website and a far greater part of the people here (compared to general population) prefer manuals.

Or if you are looking for a used, manual Accord, you will be willing to pay a premium when you find the right one as 97% of Accords are automatics and it's not as easy to just find another one.

When they decided to stop making manual Ferrari's everyone except most of the actual new buyers were upset. Now the last of the manual Ferrari's sell for a premium over the automatics. For this instance I again think it is often a different type of buyer new vs. used.
Humdizzle6070.50